Friday, November 18, 2011

Separating the Park Vote from the Candidate Vote

I posted this on the Phorum, in response to a posting wherein Hugh Freeman spoke about the views of candidates on the National Park proposal:


Looks like all are firmly in one way or the other. 

No revisions.
Re: Stated Positions of Candidates on Park, Part 4
November 17, 2011 05:01PM
So, Hugh- Why does this matter so much to you? If the vote goes no, no park. If the vote goes yes, discussions continue. Almost all candidates have solemnly stated they will respect the wishes of the electorate. Does that mean you support candidates solely on their NP position? Or even that it is pivotal? 

And the firm yes/no that you allude to is nonsense. Tim Rhodes, Wolfgang have spoken positively about a National Park. 

I am in favour of creating A National Park on Bowen, so I will vote yes. But if this were a vote on the revised Park Concept Plan, I would vote no. I have strong feelings against Crippen being bought or given to the Feds. So where do you slot me? 

Regardless of the vote, I would continue to do Council business, and more, if re-elected. Without rancour or acrimony about the vote outcome. There are so many issues on which ALL candidates agree, that it is their abilities, M.O.'s, energy and diligence which will differentiate good and better council members.

No comments: